- You decide the outcome, not a judge or arbitrator.
- Discussions in mediation are confidential and cannot be brought into legal evidence unless required by law.
- You can still go to court or arbitration for issues not resolved in mediation.
- You can stop the mediation at any time.
FLEXIBLE AND EASY
- Informal – no formal preparation needed.
- Useful for most types of disputes among any number of parties.
- Scheduled at the your convenience.
- Many disputes can settle in a single session of a few hours.
- Legal costs can be reduced by eliminating issues to take to court.
SAVES VALUABLE RELATIONSHIPS
- Helps you focus on solutions instead of conflict.
- Can save or develop a positive relationship.
- Future disputes are less likely and easier to resolve.